Adam Brumberg, Deputy Director, Cornell Food and Brand Lab, presents on how school food service organizations can build relationships with external organizations and find funding. He also focuses on ways to make partners out of some of the groups that often criticize lunchrooms. Adam also covers partnering with national and local organizations that already exist and are doing excellent work in helping schools to achieve their wellness and food service goals. Finally, explores some potential funding sources and how to best position your school to apply for or take advantage of them.
- Identify groups external to the school that can provide resources and help to the cafeteria staff and the food service director.
- Identify some potential funding sources.
- Identify how to look for partners in your region.
- PDF of Presentation Slides
- Child nutrition offices by state
- USDA School Foods Grants
- Fuel Up to Play Sixty
- Other USDA Grant opportunities
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- State Farm Insurance
- Kaiser Permanente