Funding for this project was provided by a Michigan Department of Education’s Team Nutrition Grant and the United Dairy Industry of Michigan. This project is funded, at least in part, with federal funds from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Nutrition Service. The contents of this publication do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the USDA, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government. USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Success Stories Table of Contents:
How do they do it?
- Bistro Style Breakfast in the Hallway Increases Participation – Cedric Hodo
- Breakfast Kiosks Really Work – Mary Kurkowski
- Breakfast on the Bus – Jenice Momber
- Breakfast Vending — Janice Momber
- Community Tailgate Kicks off New School Breakfast — Carrie Morfino
- Creative First-Year Foodservice Director Boosts Breakfast — Amy Nichols
- Everyone Deserves a Second Chance Breakfast — Bernard Gladney
- Fabulous Food and Super Staff = Showcase Success — Katherine Borovsky
- Multi-Tasking FSD Takes on Universal School Breakfast and More — Doreen Simonds
- New Grab and Go and “Late-Start Wednesdays” Fuel Oxford Breakfast Success — Karen Bissett
- Oatmeal-licious Breakfast Bar Still Hot Today— Dan Gorman
- Principal Connects with Students and Champions School Breakfast— William Stitt
- Smoothie Success! — Sharon Lenard
- Students’ Marketing Power Boosts Breakfast Participation — Renae Tindall
- Superintendent Supports Breakfast in the Classroom — Bill Fetterhoff
Junior Chef 2015
- 2015 Michigan Junior Chef Competition
- Blueberry Oatmeal Sundaes Capture Second Place at Michigan Junior Chef Competition!
- Mattawan’s Crepe 66 Café Crew Takes Third Place with Gluten-Free Breakfast Crepes
- MARESA Culinary Students Take First Place at Michigan Junior Chef Competition
Boost Breakfast Overview
Read more about School Breakfast Programs and Successes HERE.
Nicholas Drzal, RD, MPH, Michigan Department of Education
Chris Flood, MS; Nutrition Communications Consultant, Healthy Habits Today